Anchoran•chor (ang′kər),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that bury themselves in the bottom to provide a firm hold.
- any similar device for holding fast or checking motion: an anchor of stones.
- any device for securing a suspension or cantilever bridge at either end.
- any of various devices, as a metal tie, for binding one part of a structure to another.
- a person or thing that can be relied on for support, stability, or security;
mainstay: Hope was his only anchor.
- [Radio and Television.]a person who is the main broadcaster on a program of news, sports, etc., and who usually also serves as coordinator of all participating broadcasters during the program;
anchorman or anchorwoman;
- [Television.]a program that attracts many viewers who are likely to stay tuned to the network for the programs that follow.
- a well-known store, esp. a department store, that attracts customers to the shopping center in which it is located.
- automotive brakes.
- a key position in defense lines.
- Also, anchorman.
- the person on a team, esp. a relay team, who competes last.
- the person farthest to the rear on a tug-of-war team.
- at anchor, held in place by an anchor: The luxury liner is at anchor in the harbor.
- drag anchor, (of a vessel) to move with a current or wind because an anchor has failed to hold.
- drop anchor, to anchor a vessel: They dropped anchor in a bay to escape the storm.
- weigh anchor, to raise the anchor: We will weigh anchor at dawn.
- to hold fast by an anchor.
- to fix or fasten;
affix firmly: The button was anchored to the cloth with heavy thread.
- to act or serve as an anchor for: He anchored the evening news.
- to drop anchor;
lie or ride at anchor: The ship anchored at dawn.
- to keep hold or be firmly fixed: The insect anchored fast to its prey.
- [Sports, Radio and Television.]to act or serve as an anchor.
Pillowpil•low (pil′ō),USA pronunciation n.
- a bag or case made of cloth that is filled with feathers, down, or other soft material, and is used to cushion the head during sleep or rest.
- anything used to cushion the head;
headrest: a pillow of moss.
- Also called lace pillow. a hard cushion or pad that supports the pattern and threads in the making of bobbin lace.
- a supporting piece or part, as the block on which the inner end of a bowsprit rests.
- to rest on or as on a pillow.
- to support with pillows.
- to serve as a pillow for: She pillowed the child with her body.
- to rest as on a pillow.
Hi folks, this post is about Anchor Pillow ( Anchor Bedroom Decor Gallery #2). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 614 x 618. This post's file size is only 23 KB. Wether You desired to save This blog post to Your PC, you have to Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the image below or see more at this article: Anchor Bedroom Decor.
Farming is an enjoyable activity to rest. How-to pick Anchor Pillow ( Anchor Bedroom Decor Gallery #2) turned one of the significant facets of garden. Additionally, now there are many types and colors of container bought available in the market, creating the selection process might be puzzling and more fascinating. Therefore, before selecting a pot that is fitting for a variety of flowers inside your home, make certain that you have recognized the following methods.
More than merely a spot to seed, container may also offer as decoration. Choice of the correct pot can enhance the elegance of your home. Conversely, when the size of the box you choose is too big, a great deal of nutrients that'll not be attained by the sources, so there'll in-fact be in useless.
The beginnings can be perhaps made by it to rot because the pot's bottom can clog and soaked. Furthermore, note furthermore the area you will use to place the box. You can test to employ a hanging pot so that you can conserve area if that is improbable to be restricted.